The Eco-team have been very busy again this year, meeting once a week on Monday. The children have taken part in a wide variety of activities, many of which have been related to the development and upkeep of the allotment areas that were new to the school last year.
The children are currently writing articles to let you know about what has been going on.
Here is a brief summary:
- Waitrose kindly donated some seeds which have now been planted
- There has been plenty of weeding and watering to keep us busy
- Strawberries have been picked in abundance and the Fruit Tuck shop has made good use of those
- The children have built and decorated bird boxes
- Bug Hotels were designed and then one has been constructed in the front grounds area to provide a home for many insects
- Notices were designed, made and placed around school to remind people to save electricity and water
- Eco themed games and posters have been created using computer skills
- The children made their own sun dials
- Materials have been up-cycled to make new, useful products